Provisional Clinical Management Guidelines for Various Asian Americans
Gathering Definitive Data for AANHPI to Guide Future Management
- Asian Pacific American Diabetes Action Council (APADAC) and National Adult Strategies Committee will work with the guideline committee within ADA regarding the Asian BMI guideline.
- Create a letter as Diabetes Coalition, supported/signed by the members to support APADAC and National Adult Strategies Committee¡¦s efforts.
- Additional follow-up with ADA, CDC, NIH regarding CMS reimbursement for obesity prevention education (and obesity surgery) needing to include lower BMI cutoff for Asian Americans.
Develop and Implement Community Tailored Interventions
- Work with CDC to do meta-analysis using existing data regarding AANHPIs.
- Work with NIDDK to increase the number of RFAs targeting AANHPIs.
- Organizations such as Kaiser Permanente and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care to institute Asian guidelines and collect data to see the impact and benefits of using these data.
- Create brochures/materials based on the two papers published in Diabetes Care.
- Disseminate to providers (physicians and educators) through working with our existing network such as ADA and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE).
- Develop a long-term plan (target providers first, then general public, etc.).